Since 2005, Airport Volunteers at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) have assisted millions of
travelers flying through the Queen City. Affectionately known as "The Yellow Shirts" because of their bright yellow uniform shirts, Airport Volunteers welcome passengers, answer questions and provide directional assistance. They offer a friendly smile, point out gate locations, make restaurant
recommendations and promote CLT's many services and amenities.
The Program is comprised equally of women and men, with the ages of volunteers ranging from college students to recent retirees. Serving at CLT is an exciting and rewarding experience. Airport Volunteers enjoy flexible scheduling with many great benefits.
- Candidates must be 18 years old
- Volunteers serve 12 hours per month
- Shifts are available everyday between 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Six-month initial commitment
- Free parking
- Discount at select concessions
- Ongoing training and continuing education opportunities
- Invitations to exclusive Airport events
The Program is looking for outgoing adults who like interacting with people from all over the world in a fast-paced environment. The application process is selective and positions are filled as openings become available. To become an Airport Volunteer, interested candidates must:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Attend an Open House
- Participate in a one-day orientation training class
- Shadow experienced volunteers
Applicants and Volunteers are subject to security screenings and background checks.
Ready to take the next step? Return your
Volunteer Application Form to:
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Attn: Airport Volunteer Program - Diana May
P.O. Box 19066
Charlotte, NC 28219
Passengers requiring special assistance such as a wheelchair service or a gate escort may contact their airlines directly.