Welcome to the official online newsroom of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). All requests for public information, media interviews, filming projects and commercial photography should be directed to the Public Affairs office at CLT. When breaking news occurs, this site will be updated with the latest news and information as available.
The Airport is operated financially on a fully self-sustaining basis – no general fund revenues have ever been or are appropriated to the cost of the facilities or operations. Rather, Airport revenues defray all capital and operating costs including the cost of City furnished services. Airport revenue types include the airfield, terminal area, concessions, parking and the cargo area. This gives the Airport its annual operating budget.
In anticipation of media presence on Airport property over the next several days, Airport Public Affairs is reminding media outlets, reporters, videographers and other newsroom personnel of media protocol on Airport property.
News media is allowed access to public areas of the terminal. The public areas are the Departures/Ticketing lobby (upper level) and the Arrivals/Baggage lobby (lower level). For security purposes, access beyond screening checkpoints is prohibited without prior approval from the Office of Public Affairs. Media has access to the public areas of the terminal building.
Designated media parking is located between the Hourly and Daily decks. News and media representatives on assignment at CLT may park official news vehicles in the designated spaces of flat lot area west of the Air Traffic Control Tower (outside the FAA fence) between the Hourly and Daily decks. See attached map. Directions are also included in the link below.
Parking - Wilson Air Center – Designated media parking is located across from Wilson Air Center. Media has access to set up cameras on the designated grassy area, in front of the media parking lot. For security purposes, no access is allowed in the Wilson Air Center Parking lot or facility. See attached map.
While filming and conducting interviews at CLT, all media representatives are required to display media identification or news credentials.
- Crews should not block passenger or vehicular traffic. Additionally, cameras cannot be staged in airline operational areas.
- Filming is permitted in the terminal lobbies. However, cameras and crews are not to impede passenger throughput in public areas, including doorways, movement through lobbies, etc.
- Cameras and crews cannot be staged at counters or in a line of customers waiting for service.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for operating all of CLT's security screening checkpoints. Filming at screening checkpoints is limited to the public areas prior to the checkpoints. TSA policy states that security monitors cannot be filmed.
- Media access to areas leased by airport tenants, including airlines and store owners, is at the discretion of the tenant.
Receive the latest Airport news by visiting
cltairport.com/news or by following CLT on Twitter